Introducing the Light Strokes OptiPaint™ system, the first input device that lets you use real paint brushes and other actual artists' tools directly with your favorite paint software.
You can even use your fingers and hands, or virtually any light-colored object you'd care to paint with.
The OptiPaint system picks up the changing shapes and textures of those tools with each stroke.
Up till now, the only way to get real brushstrokes into a computer would be to paint them on paper, let them dry, and scan them in. Not exactly interactive. Now with the OptiPaint system, you can paint with real brushes in real time. Create expressive designs in seconds that would otherwise take hours to imitate.
See the Gallery page for videos of the OptiPaint system in action and some images created with it. To find out how it works and how it can be used, check out the FAQ.
The OptiPaint system includes everything you need to combine the expressiveness of traditional artists' tools with the power of modern computer graphics:
- Patented OptiPaint Hi-Speed USB input device
- OptiPaint software that works with Photoshop or other programs that accept Photoshop-compatible plugins
- active painting area: 10" x 7.5"
- resolution: 800 x 600
- frame rate: up to 60fps
- input levels: up to 255, adjustable brightness, contrast, and gamma
- software functions: solid or textured painting with variable opacity, blurring with variable degree, frame-by-frame undo
- interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- dimensions: 13.25"(W) x 23"(L) x 7.6"(H)
- weight: 24 lb
- power: USB 2.3W, 120VAC 60Hz 23W
Minimum system requirements:
Note: monitor is not included.
- PC running Windows XP, SP1 or SP2
- 2GHz Pentium 4
- 1024x768 24-bit color display
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- 384MB RAM
- 18MB hard disk space
- Plug-in host software, e.g. Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or Painter
Photoshop is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Inc. Paint Shop Pro and Painter are registered trademarks of Corel Corp. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corp.
© 2006 Light Strokes. All rights reserved.